Thursday, September 3, 2009

I Think We Should Take a Break

Dearest manuscript,

I know that when we began this journey together so long ago (okay 4 weeks, but who's counting?), I pledged to be faithful and utterly committed to you. I told you I would put away all those other distractions, that I wouldn't read a single word in any other book, that I would give to you every lunch break, every evening, and do whatever it took to fulfill your wishes and make you complete.

It has been a wild ride. I found myself tossing and turning every night imagining what new experiences tomorrow would hold. I got upset when schedules shifted and we couldn't be together at lunch like I planned(stupid day job!!). You and I have been through some crazy plot lines and shaken out some woefully underdeveloped scenes. We created new characters and discovered some insightful things in our main characters. Together we bolted through the last 4000 words when we saw the finish line. It was exhilarating!

But this incredible thing we have must come to an end, at least for now. I have given you all that I have and I think it is time that we take a break. It would be good for both of us to see some other people and find out what's working in our relationship and what is horribly wrong. It can only make us stronger. Be a good little manuscript for my beta readers and show them all the love that you've shown me.

Don't despair! I promise when the time comes, I will be there to fix you.

I miss you already,
Christy

No comments:

Post a Comment